DEF!ANT JIU-JITSU is a BJJ academy based in Ajusco, Mexico City. We differ from most schools because our priorities are different. Our focus on enjoyment, participation, and friendship. We believe Jiu-Jitsu is for everyone.
We think Jiu-Jitsu is the ultimate martial art. It doesn’t matter whether you are training for self-defence, to improve your fitness, or simply to add something new to your life.
Many academies are almost entirely focused on competition training. That’s great for competitive students but not everyone wants that. That kind of training can be more aggressive and carries with it a greater risk of injury.
We cater for the students who want something else.
Do any of these apply to you?
- you have a peaceful, relaxed, sociable personality
- you could benefit from improved self-esteem and confidence
- you are more interested in self-defence than competition
- you are a mature person or a working professional
- getting injured isn’t an option for you
- you’re out of shape but you’d like your exercise to be fun
- you are busy juggling family, study, and work commitments
How are we different?
How do we achieve our objectives?
Because of thepandemic we are unable to offer public classes. Instead we offer two private training options. Students must be able to confirm that they are adhering to the guidelines regarding COVID-19 i.e. wearing facemasks, social distancing, frequently washing hands. This is to reduce the risk of infecting others.
- Rolling Only. 1-3 students per session.
- Private Lessons. 2-3 students per class.